Fence View Information

General Information

Disputes between adjoining landowners regarding the building or maintenance of a partition fence may have the fence in question viewed by the County Commissioners. The Commissioners acting as "fence viewers" view the fence and then assign to each party in writing an equal share of the fence to build, maintain or repair.


The applicant must complete an application form and file it with the County Clerk along with checks made out to each Commissioner in the amount of $7.50. (The applicant will also be responsible for paying the fee to file the decision of the fence viewers in the Register of Deed's office.)


For more information, please view the Fence View Laws In Kansas-(KSU Extension Publication regarding Fence Law).