How to Request a Record

Open Records Fees

The Commissioners adopted a new resolution (2011-005) in March 2011 establishing fees for accessing and copying open records. View the resoution to learn more.

Prepare Your Request

Describe your request as specifically as possibly to make sure you get the record you want.

Submit Your Request

Fill out at Open Records Request and send to:

Jefferson County Counselor

P.O. Box 351

Oskaloosa, KS 66066

Response from Department

If possible your request will be filled within three (3) business days. If that is not possible you will receive a "Delay Notice" indicating when you can expect to inspect or receive copies of the record you want.

Fees for Records

Fees will be charged for copies of records and for the time it takes staff to gather the information your request. Contact the department that has the record you need for an estimate of the charges that will apply. Prepayment may be required.

Questions/Contact Information

If you have questions or concerns about your request, contact:

Jefferson County Counselor

PO Box 351

Oskaloosa, KS 66066

Phone: 785-863-2251

Fax: 785-863-3041