Requirements for Sale of Fireworks
The State of Kansas allows sales of fireworks from June 27th to July 5th only
. The Temporary Use Permit application is intended solely for seasonal retailers as defined by the Kansas Fireworks Act (KSA 31-502(h)
- Completed Special Event Permit Application submitted to the Planning & Zoning office.
- Fee paid to the County.
- Paid Property Tax Receipt from the Treasurer's Office showing that all real property owned by the Applicant and/or Property owner are paid.
- Written permission from property owner agreeing to the special event/ fireworks stand.
- Must have an adult in the stand at all times.
- Must have a fire extinguisher.
- Must maintain a list of what firework items are on the premises and indicate the Kansas licensed distributor from whom those items were purchased.
- If you are not the record owner of the property, do you have liability insurance?
- Have you applied for a Kansas Sales Tax number?
- Must follow the Kansas Administrative Regulation (K.A.R.) 22-6-1, Article 6 - Fireworks.
Please review the State Fire Marshal retail stand inspection checklist
to ensure that you comply with the regulations outlined in Kansas Fireworks Act.