Create a Website Account - Manage notification subscriptions, save form progress and more.
For Immediate Release:
(Jefferson County, Kansas- April 8, 2020)
As of today, there are currently five (5) positive cases of COVID-19 in Jefferson County. Two individuals have recovered and zero (0) deaths. All five cases have had mild symptoms and have isolated appropriately at home. Three of the cases have been work exposure/ travel related and the other two cases source exposure are still to be determined. The Jefferson County Health Department is working to investigate and follow up with any close contacts of these cases.
The Jefferson County Health Department continues to monitor residents in quarantine and those who are pending results per the Kansas Department of Health and Environment surveillance system.
It is very important that residents stay at home during this time except to conduct essential business or for essential work. Additionally, we are asking for your continued assistance following the recommended guidelines:
• Stay at home, if possible
• Self-quarantine: 14 days home quarantine if you have travelled to a high-risk area since 3/15/2020
• Social Distancing: Refrain from gathering in social groups of more than 10, and maintain a distance of six (6) feet from others
• Hand Washing: Practice good general hygiene, vigorous handwashing and limiting hand contact with the face
• Best Practice: Do not go to work if you have a fever or flu-like symptoms
For updated COVID-19 information, please go to:
Kansas Dept. of Health and Environment’s (KDHE) COVID-19 https://govstatus.egov.com/coronavirus
Center for Disease Control (CDC) https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-nCoV/index.html
Jefferson County www.jfcountyks.com
If you have any questions, please call the Jefferson County Health Department at 785-403-0025.