Commissioner Lynn Luck
Current Position: Board Member
Districts: East FairView, Oskaloosa, Rural, Sarcoxie and Union
Commissioner Meetings: Jefferson County Courthouse, Every Monday at 1:00 pm, Rm 101 Oskaloosa, KS 66066
To be place on the Commissioner's Agenda call 785.403.0483
Commissioner Luck was born and raised in Shawnee Mission Kansas and attended high school at Shawnee Mission East. While studying Elementary Education at the University of Kansas she met her husband Chris. Lynn and Chris have been married for 45 years. They have one son Matt and a daughter Liz. Lynn has four grandchildren, all girls, ages 4, 6 and 11 (twins). Lynn's first job was in the pet department at Woolworths department store in Lawrence, KS.
Lynn began work for the Jefferson County Service Organization (JCSO) in Oskaloosa in 1994 where she is still employed today.
- Spending time with family
- Yard work , landscaping and gardening
- Building and remodeling
In many situations government is portrayed as a large bureaucratic machine in which its system of rules and laws can be confining and oppressive. Especially to those of little means and resources. I believe we must remember the most important function of government is to secure and maintain the rights and freedoms of its individual citizens. In my role as Commissioner I have tried to be keenly aware of our citizens needs. The structure of our local county government must be helpful as opposed to cumbersome. While structure and a system of rules must be applied I believe elected officials must always be mindful and balance the requirements of our local county government with the needs of our people.
- To maintain fiscal responsibility within county government
- Finds ways to broaden the county tax base
- Use a humanistic approach to government
- US Senator Jerry Moran
- US Senator Pat Roberts
- US Representative Steve Watkins (2nd District)
- State Senator Marci Francisco (2nd District)
- State Representative Ron Ellis (47th District)
- Kansas Insurance Commissioner
- Kansas Association of Counties
- League of Kansas Municipalities