What Do I Get for My Tax Dollar ?
Services Received or Provided by County Departments
What do I get for my tax dollar ?
- Public Health, Home Health and Hospice Services- 1,415 immunization visits, 446 maternal child-health visits, 345 health start visits, 862 adult health visits and screenings, 1,307 mulit-phasic screening clinic contacts, 999 Women Infant and Children contacts, 971 sanitation visits, 2,425 skilled nursing home visits and much more….
- Maintenance of 821 miles of road, (150 miles of blacktop, 59 miles of dirt and 706 miles of gravel) and 153 bridges
- Ambulance service – In 2011 the ambulance department handled 1,139 calls for service.
- Sheriff’s patrol and jail-The sheriff’s office responded to 8,979 calls in 2011 which resulted in 6,280 cases. They served 107 warrants and generated 2,439 civil process services, booked 560 inmates and scheduled 95 sheriff’s sales of property.
- Emergency Dispatch for Fire, Ambulance and Police – The department handled 15,676 calls for service in 2011.
- Land management through the Planning & Zoning Office
- Recording of land transfers, mortgages and other legal documents through the Register of Deeds
- Vehicle tags and titles through the County Treasurer
- Property Tax collection and distribution through the County Treasurer
- Electronic mapping through the GIS Office
- Noxious Weed eradication through the Auxiliary Services department
- Recycling of Household Hazardous Waste through Auxiliary Services