Below are additional recording requirements for certain documents. For more information, please contact the Register of Deeds Office at (785) 403-0000 Ext 5.
- Name and marital status of grantor
- Name of grantee
- Generally when recording a deed or an affidavit of equitable interest, a Kansas Real Estate Sales Validation Questionnaire is required
- If the transaction is not a sale, then the applicable exemption must be stated on the document being recorded, and the name and address for tax statements included
- Mortgage registration tax and Mortgage Registration Fee Affidavits are no longer required in our office. The statute was repealed 1/1/2019.
- A Modification of Mortgage must reference the book and page or document number of the mortgage being modified.
- If applicable, include a completed Mortgage Cap Affidavit (charged as an additional page)
Mortgage Releases & Assignments
- Referenced book and page number or document number must be correct
- Prior to 2009 the referenced number will be a book and page number; as of 2009 the referenced number will be a document number
- Must be original or a court-certified copy